How to Apply (NOTE: APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING ACCEPTED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY)
Applications are accepted by APPOINTMENT ONLY in person at 717 S. Lyon Street, Santa Ana CA. 92705, Monday through Friday. The office is closed on weekends and holidays.
NOTE: Please call the Training Center at (714) 245-9988, or email us at email@example.com to make an appointment or ask questions.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines the following rules apply:
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the facility.
- Call the Training Center when you arrive for your appointment.
- If you are 15 minutes past your scheduled time, you will need to reschedule for another appointment.
- If you do not have all of the required documents, your appointment will be canceled and rescheduled for another time.
- Demonstrate a fluency in the English language
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application. (reliable documentation is required)
- Bring the following required documentation with you to the above address when applying.
- Valid Driver's License
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED or H.S.P.E.)
- Official Sealed High School Transcripts
Your official sealed transcripts must show successful completion of (2 semesters) of High School Algebra 1 with a passing grade of "C" or better in each semester, or one post high school Algebra course (e.g. Adult Education, Continuing Education, Community College, etc.) with a passing grade of "C" or better or provide evidence of having successfully completed the NJATC Tech Math Course.
Important: If your High School diploma or transcripts are in any language other than English, you must have them translated into English by a certified translator before submission to us.
Military Applicants with Honorable Discharge must bring in their DD-214, Member 4 form along with Valid Driver's License and Social Security Card. Individuals applying under this provision, will go directly to Interview.
Qualified applicants will be notified by mail of the date, time and place to report to for aptitude examination. The test battery covers reading comprehension and math.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a physical and drug screening prior to acceptance. Applicants testing positive for any controlled substance will not be accepted for training.
The apprentice shall be under the constant supervision of a Journeyman Electrician at all times; the trade requires physical effort on the part of the apprentice to do climbing, crawling, crouching and working in cramped quarters. Depending on the job, the work may be performed indoors or outdoors. The major portion of duties is indoors or in semi-shelter or unfinished buildings.
The applicant must meet all preliminary qualifications before proceeding further. The selection of apprentices will be made on the basis of qualifications alone, without regard to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.