Inside Wireman (Electrical) Apprenticeship Program
- The Electrical Apprenticeship is a 5-year program.
- Benefits include health & welfare and pension plans.
- Pay increases approximately 5% to 10% of Journeyman wage every 6 to 12 months.
Skills to be Learned
You will learn to install, maintain and repair various types of electrical and electronic equipment in commercial, industrial and residential buildings. Inside Wiremen use many and varied hand and power-assisted tools to install conduit, wiring, fixtures, devices, and electrical apparatuses. Also, you will learn to install connect and test, electrical wiring systems for lighting, heating, air conditioning and communications in any building or structure.
Classroom TrainingThis training program is a 5-year program approved by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards for the State of California and the Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship. The program requires that each apprentice receive a minimum of 8,000 hours of on-the-job training in the electrical construction industry with the supervision of a Journeyman Wireman Electrician. While in the training program, apprentices are required to attend 1,020 hours of classroom related instruction. During the first three years of apprenticeship, apprentices go through our compressed and vigorous curriculum two nights a week – one night for lecture and one night for hands-on applications of their skills. Apprentices are required to pass competency assessments to successfully complete their classes. During the final two years of apprenticeship, apprentices take journey level courses such as: Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure Training Program (EVITP), California Advanced Lighting Control Training Program (CALCTP), Energy Storage and Microgrid Training Certification (ESAMTAC), Cyber Awareness Training (WECAT), Project Supervision, Effective Leadership Skills, OSHA 30, Advanced Instrumentation and Solar Energy.
- Upon finishing the 5-year program, apprentices become Journeyman Electricians.
- Starting wage is $17.37 hr. + Benefits
- Benefits include Health & Welfare and Pension Plans.
- Pay increases are approximately 5% to 10% of Journeyman wages every 6 to 12 months.